Wow I got nominated for a Liebster Award! Thanks so much to Sunita of The Pancake Journal (http://thepancakejournal.com/blog/) for this honour! Everyone make sure you go and check out her blog because it’s pretty fantastic.
The Liebster Award is a way to put new bloggers in the spotlight and letting them get more readers and enjoy getting to know the blogging world. With this nomination the rule is I have to answer some questions from the blogger who nominated me. Here are the questions and my responses:
1.What are your hobbies?
Does blogging count? If so then I’ll have to go with blogging, jewelry making and reading. Although I must confess that I’ve been a bit behind on the last two since my baby boy was born.
2. What is your favourite TV Show?
Well this is a bit tricky, past or present shows? haha. Ok let’s keep it to the present. I would have to go with two shows, Modern Family and Blue Bloods. I love Modern Family for so many reason but mainly because it’s a great comedic spin on modern-day society and honestly, who doesn’t like a good laugh? Blue Bloods would be my favourite drama series. Yes I love Scandal and even Greys Anatomy, but there’s something about the good guys getting the bad guys and still remaining a close family unit that just captures me.
3. Who is your favourite celebrity and why?
Ok this one is easy, Ellen of course! What isn’t there to love about Ellen? Her show is great fun, she’s always so happy and just looking to spread joy and kindness to the world. She helps so many people and maintains a joyful view on the world. Her closing words to each show pretty much sums its up; “be kind to one another.”
4. What is the best compliment you have ever received?
Recently I had a few mom friends and their little one’s over to my house for a play date and one of the mom’s complimented the cleanliness of my house. She said my house was very put together and that pretty much made my day. Like many new mom’s out there I’ve been struggling with finding that balance between doing mom stuff and still keeping a tidy house, to have someone say I’m achieving it was simply fantastic!
5. What is your greatest strength and weakness?
My greatest strength would be my loyalty. I’m fiercely loyal to my loved ones and will do anything to support them.
My greatest weakness would be my sometimes short fuse. I have a tendency to be impatient, but I’m working at it and being a mom has definitely helped!
6. If you could only have one meal for the rest of your life what would It be?
Pizza! And I don’t mean the fast food version of pizza. I mean the crunchy, thin crust, artisan pizza with toppings such as cherry tomatoes, arugula, fresh mozzarella, prosciutto, etc…ok now I have a serious craving for a pizza.
7. Why did you start a blog?
I’m a stay at home mom with lots going on in my brain so what better way to express that then through a blog? I’m hoping it’ll be a fun outlet and that I’ll be able to connect to many other bloggers.
8. What is your favourite type of animal and why?
Another really easy one for me: dogs! I am a big puppy lover. I’ve always had a dog since I was about 12 years old. My favourites are Golden Retrievers or Labrador Retrievers. Currently I have a beautiful black lab baby girl named Maya (or Mayita as we affectionately call her). She’s 8 years old but to me she’s still just a little baby, plus she still acts like one too 🙂 Dogs are incredibly loyal, all they want to do is love you and be loved back. They know when you’re sick or upset and do anything to make you smile and feel better. What’s not to love?!
9. If you had a chance for a “do-over” in life, what would it be?
Honestly, nothing. Sure I’ve made some questionable choices in my life, who hasn’t? But I believe that our experiences shape who we are, without my ups and downs I wouldn’t be me.
10. What do you feel most proud of?
My son. Is this too cliché? If so then who cares haha. He wasn’t easy to come by, we had to do a lot to get him and now that he’s here I couldn’t be prouder of this amazing little person that my husband and I created.
11. If you could only keep five possessions, what would they be?
Oh this one is tough one! I’d have to go with; chapstick for my impossibly dry lips; at least one outfit of clothing since I’m not into the nudist lifestyle; an iPhone, I know I know, but who can live without internet these days and besides, I’m an expat, I need to be connected to family; my wedding & engagement rings (those count as just one right?); my Grandmother’s rosary (for sentimental reasons).
So there you have it! I hope you enjoyed reading my answers. Now it is my turn to Nominate some new bloggers. The Liebster Award goes to:
Project Mama (http://projectmama.co.nz/)
Weading Out The Truth (https://jessicawead.wordpress.com)
These are the instructions for the Nominees:
– Create a blog post on your site, answering the questions I will provide below.
– In your post, be sure to link back to the blog that nominated you with a thank you and a shout out.
– After completing the questions, add a section for your nominees.
– Select, list, and link to a set of new bloggers with around 200 followers or so. Provide them with these instructions and give them an additional 11 questions to answer.
– Notify your nominees and provide a link to your post so they know what to do.
– When you’re all finished, come back here and comment with the link to your post so I can read your answers!
Here are my questions:
- How did you chose the name of your blog?
- Where do you get your inspiration from for your blog posts?
- How do you incorporate blogging into your schedule?
- What is your favourite book?
- What is your favourite movie?
- If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go?
- What is the best trip you’ve ever taken?
- What’s your favourite holiday and why?
- Would you rather watch a sunrise or a sunset?
- What is your favourite family tradition?
I look forward to reading the answers!
Thanks for reading 🙂