When my son turned one I wanted to have a colourful and fun party garland with which to decorate, and without breaking the bank. I didn’t really like what I was finding so I decided it was time to do some DIY. This garland is really easy to make, and it didn’t take very much time either. Just follow these easy steps to make one of your own.
- Colourful paper. You can use as many or as few colours as you wish, I used cardstock paper since it’s a thicker paper that will hold it’s shape better.
- Hole punch
- First fold the paper in half, repeat this step 2 more times. You should end up with a paper folded in the shape of an accordion.
- Next cut the corners off of each end as shown in the picture.
- Fold the paper in half.
- Staple in the fold.
- Spread the paper out to join the ends and staple each side.
- Cut two holes into the now star-shaped paper.
- Thread some string through the holes and your garland is ready to hang!
And that’s it! That’s all there is to it. It makes for a great party garland that can be done easily and in as many colours as you wish. Give it a try for yourself and let me know how it turns out!