We all know that becoming a parent is a life changing experience. Here is a quick roundup of just a few things that I have learnt since becoming a mom.
1. Your heart really is a living, breathing creature that is just walking around outside of your body.
2. As a mother you really do put all of your own interests on the back burner. Which is why it becomes so important that you make an effort to take care of yourself as well.
3. Pregnancy and motherhood is one of the most joyous moments and life changing events you can experience. Unfortunately it is also a time when you will feel the most judged and criticized. It’s not always easy, but it’s so important to learn how to tune the judgers out.
4. I’ve learnt not only how strong my own intuition can be, but I’ve also learnt to trust it.
5. I’ve learnt that another persons tears hurts me a lot more than my own. (can’t stand hearing my baby cry!)
6. But I’ve also learnt that there is no greater joy then seeing your baby happy and hearing that adorable laughter.
7. There is nothing more attractive than seeing your husband being a great father.
8. I’ve suddenly become an expert at knowing which places are stroller friendly and which places to avoid.
9. I’ve learnt that time passes too quickly. Stop growing so fast my little man!
10. And finally, the main thing I’ve learnt since becoming a mom, is just how much my own mother loves me and how much she did (and still does) for me. Becoming a mother definitely gives you a new appreciation for your own mom. Thanks mom!!
What would your list include?