Mother’s day is quickly approaching, and with that comes the endless barrage of commercials for beautiful gifts. Handbags, makeup, earrings, shoes, etc. Everything you can think of that a woman may like, it’s all on sale and marketed as the perfect gift for this mother’s day. And while it’s all great I’m afraid we’re forgetting what the day is really about. It’s a day to show our mom’s how much we love them. And believe it or not, but actions really do speak louder than gifts.
So what do I really want for mother’s day? It’s quite simple really, I want to feel loved and appreciated. Now don’t get me wrong, I’d thoroughly enjoy receiving a stylish new blouse, or fabulous new shoes, or a beautiful new handbag, but what I mostly want is to feel appreciated for everything that I do. I’m a stay at home mom, which means that I work really hard doing things that can easily go unnoticed. Actually, I’m sure working mom’s probably feel the same way about everything they do around the house. Which is why it’s great to feel appreciated. So what would I consider a great gift for mother’s day? Here are just a few simple ideas:
- A nice meal out of the house with my husband and little man
- Someone else cleaning the house for the day or doing the laundry
- Someone else making breakfast and serving me a delicious cup of coffee
- Someone else changing all of the dirty diapers for the day
- A lovely card with a personal, beautiful, heartfelt message written inside
- A DIY gift made by your precious little one (ok maybe not this year from my guy just because he is still quite young)
- Lots of hugs, kisses, and cuddles from my little man
- A simple heartfelt “thank you for all that you do” is really all that I need.
Does my list sound a little cheesy? Probably but it’s the truth. All I really need for mother’s day are simple actions that let me know that I’m loved and appreciated. Of course these simple actions can also be accompanied by a great pair of new shoes 🙂
What do you really want for mother’s day?